Hello UUCCWC Members, Friends and Visitors!
Please join us this Sunday, April 11, 2021 at 10 am for our online Sunday Service! Afterwards we will meet for Church Coffee Hour. Here is the link for the service: https://zoom.us/j/4312377276. The Zoom Team highly recommends updating your Zoom client app. Instructions can be found here.
Click here for the order of service.
The Blessings of Animals
Rev. Denise Cawley
Pandemic has given us many more reasons to appreciate animals both as companions and as collaborators in our environment. We will both be blessing animals who do/have enriched our lives in this service; we will also be looking at the important ways animals enhance our environment, medicine, and even nutrition. Explore with us the interdependent web of life.
For those unfamiliar with Zoom, joining is easy –
- Just click the Zoom link on your favorite device with Video (a laptop or desktop monitor works best) –
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, you’ll be guided to quickly install the Zoom app, before joining the service
- Once in the Service meeting, select Computer audio and start your Video
- Note: important controls (location may change per your device)
- Bottom task bar (hover your mouse at the bottom to see) – Start your Video on the left
- Top (also hover your mouse) – Select your screen mode: default is usually “Speaker” (recommended) or select “Gallery”
- See the UUCCWC Guide to using Zoom! This can be found on the website.
- If you want to test your device in advance – use this link on your selected device: zoom.us/test
Your best screen mode is “Speaker”, this way, whoever is speaking during the service will be shown.
When you join the Service, you will be muted (and cannot unmute) – this is to control accidental interruptions.
This Sunday’s Coffee Hour feature breakout rooms! At the end of the service, you will be randomly assigned (by Zoom) to one of the breakout rooms and invited to join it. You can accept the invitation to join the “smaller” breakout room, or stay in the “main room” if you don’t accept. You can also leave the breakout room at any time by clicking on the “Leave Breakout Room” button. We hope to create smaller Coffee Hour groups, making conversations easier.
Please join as you are able for coffee and refreshments from the luxury of your home. Connect, catch up, most of all have fun! Hope to see you there.