Hello UUCCWC Members, Friends and Visitors!
Please join us this Sunday, July 19, 2020 at 10:00 am for our online Sunday Service! Afterwards we will meet for Church Coffee Hour. PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A NEW LINK FOR THE WORSHIP SERVICE: https://zoom.us/j/4312377276. The order of service can be found here.
Unsung Helpers, Healers and Heroes
There are many lesser-told stories about the participants in World War II. Join us to learn about some of those people who fought for their country in spite of bigotry or indifference at home. We will consider how similar issues exist, even today, and what that suggests for us as Unitarian Universalists.
We will also introduce our new minister, Reverend Denise Cawley. Please watch her video introduction: https://youtu.be/1nH2IF5dsHY. A letter to the congregation from Reverend Denise can be found here: https://www.uuccwc.org/about-us/meet-the-minister/.
For those unfamiliar with Zoom, joining is easy –
- Just click the Zoom link on your favorite device with Video (a laptop or desktop monitor works best) –
- If you’ve never used Zoom before, you’ll be guided to quickly install the Zoom app, before joining the service
- Once in the Service meeting, select Computer audio and start your Video
- Note: important controls (location may change per your device)
- Bottom task bar (hover your mouse at the bottom to see) – Start your Video on the left
- Top (also hover your mouse) – Select your screen mode: default is usually “Speaker” (recommended) or select “Gallery”
- See the UUCCWC Guide to using Zoom! This can be found here.
- If you want to test your device in advance – use this link on your selected device: zoom.us/test
Your best screen mode is “Speaker”, this way, whoever is speaking during the service will be shown.
When you join the Service, you will be muted (and cannot unmute) – this is to control accidental interruptions.
This Sunday’s Coffee Hour feature breakout rooms! At the end of the service, you will be randomly assigned (by Zoom) to one of the breakout rooms and invited to join it. You can accept the invitation to join the “smaller” breakout room, or stay in the “main room” if you don’t accept. You can also leave the breakout room at any time by clicking on the “Leave Breakout Room” button. We hope to create smaller Coffee Hour groups, making conversations easier.
Also, the REST Committee will continue to host Family Coffee Hour 10 minutes after the worship service. Please log into Zoom2 account https://zoom.us/j/3180120000.
Please join as you are able for coffee and refreshments from the luxury of your home. Connect, catch up, most of all have fun! Hope to see you there.