Allan Warrior with a Chalice Lighter presentation board during fellowship time in the church social hall
The Chalice Lighter Program assists the growth of new and existing member congregations in the Pacific Northwest District by providing grants to help advance vital aspects of their formal growth plans. Grants are funded exclusively through contributions from Unitarian Universalists who participate as Chalice Lighters. The Chalice Lighter Coordinating Team advises the District Executive on the program; its members are UU volunteers from around the district.
Chalice Lighter grants are intended to help congregations by providing funds to implement a significant part of their growth plan and may be used to:
- secure or increase professional religious leadership
- help a congregation secure, improve or furnish a building
- reach out to the community to attract new members
- initiate a new congregation
- fund any other creative program to facilitate growth