An LGBTQ+ Welcoming Congregation
We are a Welcoming Congregation, recognized by the Unitarian Universalist Association. This means we affirm and include people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, or identify as gender fluid at every level of congregational life—in worship, in program, and in social occasions—welcoming them as whole people.
As a Welcoming Congregation we have pledged to:
- honor the lives of all people and equally affirm displays of caring and affection without regard for sexual orientation.
- celebrate diversity by using inclusive language and content in worship.
- incorporate an understanding of the experience of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and gender fluid (LGBTQ+) persons throughout all of our programs, including religious education.
- affirm and celebrate LGBTQ+ issues and history.
- affirm marriage equality and conduct same-sex weddings.
- advocate forLGBTQ+ people, promoting justice, freedom, and equality in the larger society. We speak out when the rights and dignity of LGBTQ+ people are at stake.
We recognize that there’s always something more to learn, and remain open to deepening our understanding about the lives of LGBTQ+ people.