In early March the CDC issued recommendations for fully vaccinated people. You are considered to be fully vaccinated when you are more than 2 weeks after the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or more than 2 weeks after the single dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
For UUCCWC congregants who are fully vaccinated: although you do have a lower risk of getting seriously ill with COVID-19, you still might have a low risk of transmitting the virus to others. So, wear a mask in public spaces, keep 6 feet away from people not in your household, and avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces.
Your Path to Reopening (P2R) committee is continuing to work to keep our recommendations in line with Oregon Health Authority (OHA), CDC, and UUA guidelines. We realize that many people have gotten vaccinated. However, many people have not and will not be vaccinated for several months. We are making the following updates to our recommendations to keep everyone in our beloved community as safe as possible.
We recommend that any group from the UUCCWC get together:
- Online via Zoom, or
- Outdoors on UUCCWC property with a maximum of 10 people from any number of households, wear masks, and stay 6 feet apart from people not in your household.
We do not recommend groups or individuals gather inside the church or Parish house at this time.
Please make a meeting reservation for your outdoor gatherings on the church’s online calendar so that you are guaranteed a space on church grounds separate from other groups.
We ask that the group activity organizer have attendees fill in their contact information for each group activity. The organizer should hold on to the list for 3 weeks, keep the information private, and shred the list after 3 weeks. If any attendee tests positive for COVID-19, this list can be used as a reference for Washington County Public Health Contact Tracing.
If necessary, you can adjust your group activity to “fit” the current recommendations.
We recommend that anyone who needs to do ongoing or emergency maintenance on UUCCWC property or inside the church:
- Work outdoors only and keep a minimum of 6 feet from each other.
- If people cannot stay at least 6 feet away from each other, they must wear a face covering.
- The group leader should keep a list of people who are working in case someone gets sick and contact tracing needs to be done.
- If there is an emergency and work must be performed inside the church, we recommend limiting the number of people inside, try to maintain a minimum 6‑foot distance from each other, and wear a face covering at all times.
The recommendations are posted on the UUCCWC website, the main groups.io group, and the newsletter. Click here for instructions for scheduling your activity and here for the group activity attendee list.
Email P2R@uuccwc.groups.io if you have any questions. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, please send a confidential email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org so that they can check in with you and see if you need anything.
Please stay safe everyone! Hopefully we are well on our way to get back to a new normal.
Your Path to Reopening (P2R) Committee
Mark Bischoff Bill Ellis Ed Gallaher
Lisa Lake Annie Raich Zsuzsa Vamos